I could write a book about my experiences down in Antarctica. But I don't have time for that. I must get back into the groove of biking. Big races are coming up and I, once again, must dominate at the back of the pack.
Below are a few lessons learned and a set of videos. The videos are not edited for YOUR ENJOYMENT. The videos are edited SO I CAN relive the memories. That's just the way it is. So if you have time - enjoy the videos. If not, that's cool. But I bet you'll be amazed at the views down at the bottom of the world.
I'll never forget these few minutes in my crazy life, seriously... dude
30 minutes at the bottom of the world changed the way I think about a few (or more) things
- If a dude gives you the ‘hook’ handshake - RUN!
- Unless you want to explore the Alternative Lifestyle.
- Yes, sunglasses at 1AM!
A Few Links - Educate Yourself!
And Don't Forget:
- Just because it looks like all the pictures & video are taken at straight up noon - don't believe it. Most of the flights were in the middle of the night. Most of the pics and movies were taken between 1AM and 4AM.
And as Always:
- Don't get crazy with critiquing my grammar. I know it's Transantarctic Mountains. But I seem to use Trans Antarctic, TransAntarctic and Transantarctic. And I don't feel like reprocessing all the video just to be consistent - just so you don't get confused.
- Some of the videos show less than stable camera control. Go easy on me. It's hard to hold the video camera still when a) it's really cold and windy, b) flying through turbulence. That's just the way it is.
The South Pole:
One day, 1700 miles and a quick run around the world. Not many people make it down to the South Pole but the stars aligned and I made the trip of a lifetime.
YES.... The South Pole run WAS THE adventure of a lifetime. I'll never forget the few minutes I spent at the bottom of the world. Unreal. I can't explain it, so I won't try to explain it.
The Global View:
Where was I? All over. Fosdick Mtns, Transantarctic Mtns, South Pole and McMurdo Station
some tunes and some pictures:
because I like tunes and pictures
just pics of the adventure down near the bottom of the Earth, i.e., the bottom of THE WORLD
The South Pole Run:
Antarctica - South Pole from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Just pics and videos of a South Pole run
The South Pole Tour:
Antarctica - South Pole Station HD from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
A quick trip around the world - at the South Pole and Amundson - Scott South Pole Station
A Tour of McMurdo Station:
Antarctica - McMurdo Tour from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Just cruising around McMurdo Station, Antarctica
The Crazy Weather at McMurdo Station:
Antarctica - The Weather from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Condition '2' at McMurdo - Condition 1 at all other nearby places
Spending time above the Transantarctic Mountains:
Antarctica - Great Traverse & Graves from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Check out the vehicles on the Great Traverse and flying around the Transantarctic Mtns
The Fosdick Mountains:
Antarctica - Fosdick from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
videos of the terrain around Fosdick Antarctica
The Fosdick Mountains - Again:
Antarctica - Fosdick Trip 2 from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Flying around Fosdick - Antarctica